@ Coventry University
PeerAssessment.com simplifies peer assessments for your student teams.
Set up a peer assessment in under 5 minutes, then PA.com handles the rest– launching, reminding, distributing personalized feedback, and grading! Advantages include:
- Easy to run iterative peer assessments
- Supports individualized grading of students on teams
- Instructors can monitor evolving team dynamics before problems result
- Students can automatically receive formative feedback to improve their teamwork skills
- Various question sets to choose from (and customize)
- Quick-Load student data from Aula
How to Access PA.com
PA.com is available to instructors online through a web browser. (Students can take their assessments via smart phone or web.) It is free to Coventry University faculty for their classes with student team assignments or projects; also faculty or staff may use it for administrative work teams.
To access PA.com:
- Visit https://peerassessment.com and SIGN IN
- Enter your faculty/staff email address
- Authenticate in the Coventry single sign on
- At the PA.com dashboard, press Create New Class
Download the Getting Started Instructions to create your first class and Peer Assessment.
How to Use PA.com — HELP Link
Find HELP in the top right of the application. Key documents include:
- Getting Started Instructions walks you through setting up PA.com in your first class and assessment.
- Quick-Load from Aula People Export shows you how to export student information from Aula to directly import into PA.com
- Question Library reviews the available question sets. If you don’t find the right ones, you may edit individual questions or ask to create a new question set.
- Sample Reports will show you the reports you can retrieve from PA.com. These include a Grade Report with different suggested approaches for calculating grades, plus special reports for students and instructors and the ability to download the data for more analysis.
Teaching Tips for PA.com — INSTRUCTOR RESOURCES LIBRARY
On our website, this includes nearly 40 articles or short tips related to student teams, assessment, and related topics. Some examples include:
- Teaching with PeerAssessment.Com has ideas to integrate PA.com and peer assessment techniques into your teaching to realize your outcomes.
- How to Give Feedback the Right Way helps your students learn how to give effective peer feedback
- Video Meeting Etiquette includes basic rules on the practical do’s and don’ts of video meetings
- Fast Team Building Activities for Remote Video Meetings has 6 fun, quick icebreakers to help your students build rapport and break the tension in their first video meeting.
- Turning Student Groups into Effective Teams is one of the most practical applications of research and experience regarding student teams. It describes its mission as an “instructor’s guide to managing team assignments when little class time can be devoted to providing explicit instruction in teamwork skills.”
For login or authentication issues
Ω Contact the Coventry University Help Desk, at …. ????
For help with the PA.com software or applying it to your instruction
π Contact Dr. Rob Anson with Hot Rocks Consulting* at:
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: contact Rob Anson
* I am located in Boise, Idaho USA, 7 time zones behind the UK, so there may be a slight delay in response.