HOT ROCKS CONSULTING
(last updated: SEPTEMBER 2, 2018)
HRC may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as directly from you when you access or use the Site or Services, register for an account, access or use certain features or content, or order products or services.
- We will never sell or give your personal information to any third party who seeks to use it for any reason beyond providing or supporting your access to or use of Peerassessment.com;
- We will only communicate with you for purposes directly related to your access to or use of Peerassessment.com–providing assistance, requesting needed information, or as is necessary to allow us to improve the Site or Services; and
- We will collect and store only the absolute minimum amount of personal information necessary for your effective access to or use of com, including your name, and institutional information such as your role, email address, office telephone number, and class information.
1. INFORMATION HRC COLLECTS
The personal information HRC may collect about you to provide you access to or use of the Site or Services may include:
- your contact information, such as name, email address, telephone number, educational institution, and sometimes student identification (inclusion is an option available to instructors); and
- login information, such as username and password.
The personal information HRC’s third party service providers may collect about you to provide you access to or use of the Site or Services may include:
- your contact information, such as name, email address and telephone number;
- login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
- payment and financial details, such as credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, and bank account number.
In addition, HRC may temporarily collect information about your real-time location to facilitate the checkout process, and none of this information is stored by HRC except for your telephone number. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that HRC may collect when you access or use the Site or Services on a mobile device.
When you access or use the Site or Services, HRC may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies or web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. Certain features of the Site or Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Site or Services. HRC may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about access to or use of the Site or Services and user traffic. HRC may also use third-party services to collect information about access to or use of the Site or Services and user traffic and to help HRC measure the effectiveness of the Site or Services. These third-party service providers may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer or device to help HRC and such third-parties analyze the traffic on the HRC websites, including the Site, and better meet HRC’s customers’ needs and they may also use the data for other purposes, such as improving their own services and delivering customized advertisements on other websites. The information HRC may collect by automated means may include:
- information about the computers or devices you use to access or use the Site or Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of access to or use of the Site or Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- information on actions taken when accessing or using the Site or Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information HRC collects automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but HRC may maintain it or associate it with personal information HRC collects in other ways or receives from third parties. This helps HRC improve and personalize the Site or Services, including by enabling HRC to identify and authenticate users.
HRC does not purge personal information on a regular basis, so information you provide to HRC may remain in HRC systems for an indefinite amount of time. The Site or Services may contain links to third party sites. HRC is not responsible for the privacy practices, goods and services, or content of any such third-party sites.
2. HOW HRC RESPONDS TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
4. HOW HRC USES THE INFORMATION HRC COLLECTS
HRC may use information it obtains about you to:
- process orders you place and to complete other transactions you have requested in connection with the Site or Services, and provide you with products or services you request;
- send you information or materials you request;
- maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions in connection with the Site or Services;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about HRC products, services, offers, and promotions and third party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- operate, evaluate, and improve HRC’s business and the products and services HRC offers;
- analyze and enhance HRC’s marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read;
- analyze trends and statistics regarding access to or use of the Site or Services and transactions conducted in connection with the Site or Services;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
HRC may itself use or may provide to a third party for its use, the information it collects from you for research purposes only in an anonymous format that has all your identifying personal information removed or obscured. The information to be removed or obscured includes your name, email address, student identification, telephone number, educational institution name, class number, class name and class section. Where necessary for such research purposes, a new identifier may be generated via an undisclosed algorithm and assigned to each person, institution or class, that will allow an individual or entity to be uniquely identified when this new identifier is used for these research purposes. The new generated identifier will contain or imply none of your actual personally identifying information you provided to HRC.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
HRC may disclose aggregated information about you and other HRC users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. HRC may disclose personal information about you:
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties HRC uses in connection with the Site or Services or to support HRC’s business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which HRC discloses it to them;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if HRC believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HRC, users of the Site or Services, or others; and
- otherwise with your consent.
6. DATA SECURITY
HRC has implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to HRC in connection with the Site or Services is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure, and HRC cannot guarantee that the security measures it has in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
7. YOUR CHOICES
HRC offers you the following choices about the information HRC collects from you and how HRC communicates with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of the Site or Services.
If you access the Site or Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with HRC. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of the Site or Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Use of Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising
HRC does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content. However, if you do not want your personal information that was collected by third parties to be used by such third parties for their own promotional purposes, you may be able to opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which such third party collects your personal information or by logging into your account with such third party and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending such third party an email stating your request.
Although HRC does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You may be able to opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
8. ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change the personal information associated with your HRC account by logging into your HRC account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send HRC an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to HRC. HRC may not accommodate a request to change information if HRC believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or inaccurate.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding HRC’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to HRC at email@example.com or write to HRC at 3100 Crescent Rim Drive, #401, Boise, Idaho 83706.
10. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Site and Services are not directed to, and HRC does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If HRC learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, HRC will delete that information. If you believe HRC might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact HRC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. DATA TRANSFERS
HRC is based in the State of Idaho in the United States. When HRC obtains information about you it may transfer, process, and/or store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By accessing or using the Site or Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.